Monday, March 19, 2012

Peeps

So I might be a little crazy about peeps!  I don't actually like to eat them but I like to do fun things with them...i.e. "peep paint", count them, graph them by color, blow them up in the microwave...and other things!  That's next week though.  THIS week we are talking about Spring and of course we HAVE to talk about birds! Tomorrow's snack is a bird's nest...It was super easy to make and I've posted the recipe below thanks to http://sunscholars.blogspot.com


I didn't realize until I finished making these that they are suppose to make 6 birds nests...mine made about 12, but they are a good size for little hands.  Here's the recipe:

2 Cups Choy Mein Noodles
1 Cup Rice Krispies
1 Cup mini Marshmallows (I did not measure these)
1 Pkg. butterscotch chips...I added more to mix it all together and you could also use peanut butter chips but we aren't allowed to use it in school!
Peeps
Jelly Beans
Wax Paper

Your first step is to melt the butterscotch chips.  In a different bowl mix the noodles and rice krispies together, then add the butterscotch chips.  Once mixed, add the mini marshmallows.  When thoroughly mixed, use a spoon to scoop out the mixture onto wax paper and shape into nests.  Add the jelly beans (I used three on each) and add the peep on top.  My peeps didn't stick, so I melted more butterscotch chips to use as a paste on the bottom of the peeps!


Eat and Enjoy :)

Yum Yum,
Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment